1. Who we are and what this policy is about. Axsesstoday is a goods leasing specialist. In the process of providing leasing services, Axsesstoday may collect, receive, deal with and store the personal information. Axsesstoday is committed to safeguarding your personal information it collects, receives and discloses and is committed to doing so in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act, 1988 Commonwealth (Privacy Act) as amended from time to time. This policy describes our commitment in relation to protecting your privacy.
4. Our Collection And Disclosure Of Personal Information Axsesstoday collects and discloses personal information as it may become necessary to process your application and give effect to your instructions. The information we may collect or disclose includes, when permitted by law: (a) identification information; (b) the fact that you have applied for credit, the type of credit and the amount; (c) whether repayments are more than 60 days overdue; (d) the fact that any overdue payments are no longer overdue or a default is remedied; (f) information whether you have committed a serious credit infringement (that is, acted fraudulently or shown an intention not to comply with your credit obligations); (g) information about dishonoured cheques; (h) repayment history; (i) information about court judgments against you; (j) any information which is publicly available and relevant to your credit worthiness; (k) certain insolvency information from the National Personal Insolvency Index. Third Party Service Provider Subject to the Privacy Act, in the process of providing you with the services, we may share personal information with related bodies corporate and with third parties with whom we have dealings in the usual course of carrying on our business. These third party service provider may include agents, portfolio managers, mailhouse operators, collection agencies, research providers, dispute resolution schemes, accounting and legal advisers.
5. Access To Your Personal Information You have the right to seek access to any information we hold about you. Contact our privacy officer in this regards. We may charge you a fee to access and or correct your personal information that is held with us. You have the right to ask us to correct any information we hold about you if the information is inaccurate or erroneous.
6. Security Of Your Personal Information Axsesstoday maintains strict procedures and standards and takes all reasonable care to prevent unauthorised access to, and modification and disclosure of, your personal information. Axsesstoday will protect any personal information it holds against misuse or loss. If we no longer needs the personal information, we will take steps to either destroy the information or de-identify it.
7. Direct Marketing Axsesstoday may use your personal information to provide you with information from time to time in relation to additional services and or products we provide. You expressly authorise us to provide you with this information. You may withdraw your consent at any time by calling us or by ticking the opt out box on our application form or on the lease agreement.
8. Credit Reporting Bureau We may use credit reports obtained from credit reporting agencies to produce our own assessments and ratings in respect of your credit worthiness, which may also take into account information we obtain from you and other sources. The reports will have information from your credit file. Your credit file contains information about your credit worthiness and any previous credit applications you have made. It also contains information about any judgements made against you. If you are in default, we may report the default to the credit reporting agencies in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988. The credit reporting agencies we use may include: Veda, PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 130 762 007; Dun and Bradstreet, Level 7, 479 St. Kilda Road Melbourne 3004, www.dnb.com.au, 1300 734 806.
9. Government Identifiers Axsesstoday does not have access to any personal information that can be regarded as or be used as an identifier. For example, Axsesstoday does not have access to your Medicare number or tax file number.
10. Complaints If you believe that your personal information is been mishandled by us or that we have breached this policy in any way, we invite you to write to our privacy officer at www.axsesstoday.com.au. We will make every effort to resolve your complaint internally. If you are dissatisfied with the resolution we offered you, you may file a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The Commissioner can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or by email email@example.com
12. Transborder Of Data It is not likely that we will disclose personal information to overseas entities. If we disclose personal information to overseas entities, we will provide details on our website detailing the entities and countries where the information will be disclosed to. We will ensure that they protect the privacy of your personal information as we are committed under this Policy.